Maxima Community Links
Sites of Interest
The 2012 Nissan Lineup: Charting the Changes
Following is a brief overview of the changes, refinements and enhancements to the complete 2012 Nissan lineup. Full information and specifications on each vehicle will be available closer to each model’s on-sale date.
2012 NISSAN CARS
The big news for the Nissan sedan and coupe portfolio comes at both ends of the lineup – an all-new Versa Sedan and a refreshed Maxima. The full 2012 Nissan car lineup includes Maxima, Altima Sedan and Altima Coupe, Sentra and Sentra SE-R, Versa Sedan and Versa Hatchback and cube?. Details on the 2012 enhancements and updates for each vehicle follow.
2012 Nissan Versa Sedan
The all-new, second-generation 2012 Nissan Versa Sedan is designed to redefine compact car value – giving buyers everything they want and need in one stylish package. With a sophisticated exterior design, well-appointed interior and exceptional room for five adults – including more rear legroom than many mid-size sedans – the new Versa would be an exceptional value if the enhancements stopped there. Yet there is much more to the “ground up” transformation than that, including the utilization of smart technology to create a next generation eco-drivetrain delivering responsive performance, high MPG and lower CO2 emissions.
Key features of the all-new 2012 Nissan Versa Sedan include:
• All-new front-wheel drive global “V” platform, which utilizes nearly 20 percent fewer platform components and weighs around 150 pounds less than the previous “B” platform
• Second-generation 1.6-liter HR16DE 4-cylinder engine, which includes a range of cutting-edge technologies such a dual fuel injector system that allows a wider injection of fuel, with the smaller nozzles delivering a finer spray (approximately 57 percent finer than the previous generation single injector design’s particle size) to help achieve more complete combustion
• A next-generation Xtronic CVT® transmission that adds an auxiliary gearbox using planetary gearing, helping enhance efficiency
• Fuel economy rated at 30 mpg City, 38 mpg Highway and 33 mpg Combined with the CVT transmission (27/36/30 mpg with the 5-speed manual transmission)
• An all-new exterior design offering a fresh design character that is both sophisticated and aerodynamic
• An open, airy, high-quality interior look and feel, including available upgraded cloth, 60/40-split fold-down rear seat and Fine Vision instrumentation
• A long list of standard and available equipment, including available Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and an in-dash 5-inch touch screen navigation system with XM NavTraffic® (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and USB input for iPod® and other compatible devices
The 2012 Nissan Versa Sedan is available in three models – 1.6 S, 1.6 SV and 1.6 SL. It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in late summer 2011.
2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback
The 2012 Nissan Versa carries over the popular first-generation design. It is once again offered in 1.8 S and 1.8 SL models, each equipped with a 122-horsepower 1.8-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine. The Versa Hatchback S is offered with a choice of 6-speed manual or 4-speed automatic, while the Hatchback 1.8 SL is available exclusively with Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT® transmission.
Refinements for the 2012 model year include the addition of the previous Premium Package content (Nissan Intelligent Key®, leather-wrapped steering wheel, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels) as standard equipment on the SL model and four new packages for the S model – Convenience Package, 15-inch Aluminum-Alloy Wheel Package, “Special Edition” Package and Nissan Navigation Package. Also, an auto-dimming rearview mirror and illuminated visor vanity mirrors are now standard on SL models, and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) is standard on all models (previously SL only).
Key features of the 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback include:
• Excellent fuel efficiency without sacrificing performance or roominess
• One of the highest standard horsepower/torque ratings and largest interiors in the entry-level segment
• A long list of standard and available equipment, including available Nissan Navigation System, Nissan Intelligent Key®, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately).
The 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback is available in two models – 1.8 S and 1.8 SL. It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in summer 2011.
2012 Nissan Maxima
The flagship Nissan Maxima continues to set the bar for Nissan sedans, combining breakthrough sports sedan styling, a driver-oriented cockpit, ample comfort and luxury for passengers and an advanced drivetrain anchored by Nissan’s legendary VQ-series V6 engine.
For 2012, the iconic Maxima receives a refreshed exterior – with a new front grille design, new rear combination lights, and new 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs. Inside, the roomy Maxima interior’s enhancements include a new meter cluster illumination color (white), new Dark Piano-hairline trim, a new Atlantic Cherry wood tone trim and a new Beige interior color. There’s also a new audio segment display and new audio/HVAC knob design.
The other big news for the 2012 Maxima is the addition of a special Limited Edition Package, which features smoked appearance headlights, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlights, a compass in the rearview mirror, 18-inch aluminum-alloy Dark Hyper Silver colored wheels, a rear spoiler, dark satin chrome front grille, fog lights, illuminated kick plates, outside mirrors with integrated turn signals and metallic trim on the center cluster, center console and door armrest grips.
In addition, two new exterior colors are offered for 2012: Java Metallic and Dark Slate.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan Maxima include:
• Standard 290-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve VQ-series V6 engine
• Standard Xtronic CVT® with manual and “DS” (drive sport) modes with available paddle shifters
• Independent front strut/independent multi-link rear suspension
• A wide range of available technology, including a Bose® premium audio system, RearView Monitor and Nissan Hard Drive Navigation system with XM NavTraffic? Real-Time Traffic information and XM NavWeather™ (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and Voice Recognition
• Available equipment packages include Sport Package, Premium Package, Tech Package and new Limited Edition Package – allowing customers to fine-tune their Maximas to precisely fit their specific needs and budgets
The 2012 Nissan Maxima is available in two models – 3.5 S and 3.5 SV. It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in late summer 2011.
2012 Nissan Altima Sedan
The Nissan Altima Sedan continues to provide an innovative combination of quality, exhilarating performance, sporty design and exceptional value in the mid-size sedan class. For 2012, Altima Sedan is again available with a choice of a 175-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder or 270-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine.
Enhancements for the 2012 model year include a new Value Package (includes Bluetooth®, leather-wrapped steering wheel, steering wheel audio controls, auto 0n/off headlights, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver and more) and the continuation of last year’s Special Edition Package. Both are offered with the Altima Sedan 2.5 S. The Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System is now standard on the 3.5 SR and also available as part of the 2.5 S Convenience Package.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan Altima Sedan include:
• Sporty, distinctive exterior design
• Available power sliding glass moonroof
• Standard Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission) designed for fluid-feeling performance and efficient operation – V6 utilizes an advanced, performance-tuned controller with adaptive logic
• Front suspension design with advanced geometry, equal-length half shafts that are almost parallel to the ground – virtually eliminating torque steer
• Rear suspension design with an emphasis on nimbleness and ride comfort
• Roomy yet sporty interior space with innovative amenities, including Fine Vision gauge display instrument panel, standard Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition, convenient covered storage compartments and nine cup or bottle holders
• A range of available popular comfort and convenience features, including Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Bluetooth® Audio Streaming, RearView Monitor and Nissan Navigation with XM NavTraffic® and NavWeather™ Real-Time Traffic Information services (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
The 2012 Nissan Altima Sedan is available in three models – Altima 2.5 CVT, Altima 2.5 S CVT and Altima 3.5 SR CVT. It is on sale now at Nissan dealers nationwide.
2012 Nissan Altima Coupe
The 2-door Nissan Altima Coupe, like its 4-door Altima Sedan stablemate, offers high quality and high value – while adding an extra touch of aggressive coupe styling for Altima customers seeking a more personal expression of individuality and sporty appearance. For 2012, Altima Coupe is again available with a 175-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder or 270-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine, each offered with a choice of a 6-speed manual transmission or Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT®
Enhancements for the new model year include the addition of Dark Slate exterior color (replacing the previously available Metallic Slate).
Key features of the 2012 Nissan Altima Coupe include:
• Unique exterior design stands out in a crowd of sedan-based 2-door models with magnetic, perfectly proportioned styling and a shorter wheelbase, shorter overall length and lower height than the Altima Sedan
• 4.0-inch shorter wheelbase than Altima Sedan (105.3 versus 109.3 inches) for enhanced style, handling and maneuverability (including a smaller turning radius)
• 9.8-inch shorter overall length, with reduced rear overhang, than Altima Sedan (180.9 versus 190.7 inches)
• 2.1-inch lower overall height than Altima Sedan (55.9 versus 58.0 inches)
• Unique 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and tailpipe finishers (3.5 SR models)
• A long list of user-friendly technology features includes standard Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition and available Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, advanced touch-screen navigation system with XM NavTraffic® and NavWeather™ Real-Time Information services (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and RearView Monitor
The 2012 Nissan Altima Coupe is available in two models – 2.5 S and 3.5 SR CVT. It is on sale now at Nissan dealers nationwide.
2012 Nissan Sentra
For 2012, the popular Sentra compact sedan continues to be offered in a range of models – Sentra 2.0, 2.0 S, 2.0 SR, 2.0 SL and the performance-oriented Sentra SE-R and SE-R Spec V. Each combines a stylish compact exterior with outstanding roominess and amenities, responsive, fun-to-drive performance and unexpected versatility.
Sentra 2.0 models feature a standard 140-horsepower 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine and a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or fuel-efficient Nissan Xtronic CVT®. Sentra SE-R is equipped with a 177-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder with Xtronic CVT® and SE-R Spec V offers a potent 200-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder and a 6-speed manual transmission.
SE-R and SE-R Spec V models include unique sporty exterior and interior designs and exclusive wheel/tire offerings. Sentra is also available with a range of amenities ranging from the luxury of heated leather-appointed seating to the convenience of the Nissan Intelligent Key® keyless entry system.
For 2012, a new Technology Package is offered with the Sentra 2.0 S. In addition, three packages that were introduced late in the 2011 model year for the Sentra 2.0 SR continue into 2012 – the Moonroof Package, Technology Package and Special Edition Package. The Special Edition package combines all of the features of the Moonroof Package, the Technology Package and the Convenience Package, but at a substantial savings over what those packages would cost individually.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan Sentra and Sentra SE-R include:
• Standard Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
• Independent strut front suspension with stabilizer bar
• Torsion beam rear suspension with integrated stabilizer bar
• Sport tuning for SE-R Spec V suspension, which includes higher rate springs, shocks and dampers
• Attractive, high quality interior design with instrument panel layout that incorporates the transmission shift lever
• Roomy, comfortable interior with long list of available amenities
• Sport-type front bucket seats with silver stitching and embroidered SE-R logo
• Unique SE-R seat fabrics, meter cluster with two additional gauges (G-meter and oil pressure), aluminum pedal pads
• Available 8-speaker 340-watt Rockford Fosgate-powered AM/FM/CD system SL, (SE-R)
• Available range of unexpected amenities, including leather-appointed seating and Nissan Navigation System (SD Card-based) with 5.0-inch color screen and XM NavTraffic® Real-Time Traffic Information (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
The 2012 Nissan Sentra is available in six models: 2.0, 2.0 S, 2.0 SR, 2.0 SL, SE-R and SE-R Spec V. It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in summer 2011.
2012 Nissan cube®
Now in its fourth model year, the innovative Nissan cube® again features standout styling – with an asymmetrical rear window, refrigerator-style rear door and wide range of personal accessories.
The front-wheel drive cube® is built on Nissan’s proven B-platform and is offered with a standard 122-horsepower 1.8-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine and a choice of Nissan’s advanced, smooth shifting Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission) or 6-speed manual transmission.
Enhancement for 2012 include the addition of a new package for the 1.8 S CVT, which includes a unique seat color, Nissan Navigation System, RearView Monitor, Rockford Fosgate audio, Nissan Intelligent Key® and 15-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. Other changes include the addition of the Nissan Intelligent Key® as standard equipment on SL models and an attached front passenger seat armrest on S and SL models. Five new exterior colors will also be offered for 2012.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan cube® include:
• Available Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Automatic Temperature Control and RearView Monitor
• Available premium audio, including Rockford Fosgate subwoofer with six upgraded speakers, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Interface System for iPod®
• More than 40 individual accessories are offered – allowing cube® owners to personalize their vehicles to reflect their own tastes and needs
The 2012 Nissan cube® is available in three well-equipped models: cube® 1.8, cube® 1.8 S and cube® 1.8 SL. It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide this winter.
2012 NISSAN ELECTRIC VEHICLE
In 2011, Nissan ushered in a new era of mobility with the introduction of the Nissan LEAF™, the world’s first affordable, zero-emission car. It is just the beginning of the “no gas, no tailpipe” zero-emission era, with several additional Nissan and Infiniti electric vehicles already announced or in development. Like the Nissan LEAF, future Nissan EVs promise to satisfy real-world customer requirements for performance, style, comfort, utility, quality, durability and value.
2012 Nissan LEAF™
The Nissan LEAF, a medium-size hatchback that seats five adults comfortably, has a range of 100 miles (U.S. LA4 cycle) on one full charge, satisfying real-world consumer requirements. It is powered by a lithium-ion battery composed of 48 compact modules and a high-response 80kW AC synchronous motor generating 107 horsepower and 207 lb-ft of torque. This combination provides a highly responsive, fun-to-drive experience that is in keeping with what consumers have come to expect from traditional, gasoline-powered vehicles. Unlike internal-combustion engine-equipped vehicles, LEAF’s powertrain has no tailpipe and thus no emission of CO2 or other greenhouse gases while being driven.
The Nissan LEAF can be charged up to 80 percent of its full capacity in 30 minutes when equipped with a quick charge port and using a DC fast charger. Charging at home through a 220V outlet is estimated to take approximately eight hours. The advanced lithium-ion battery pack carries an industry-competitive warranty of 8 years or 100,000 miles.
Enhancements for the 2012 model year include the addition of standard battery heater, heated outside mirrors, heated front steering wheel, heated front and rear seats and rear HVAC duct. A Quick Charge Port is also added as standard equipment on Nissan LEAF SL models.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan LEAF include:
• Distinctive exterior styling characterized by sharp, upright V-shaped design featuring long, up-slanting LED headlights with a blue internal reflective appearance
• Standard rear spoiler, flat underbody with rear diffuser and aerodynamically shaped LED taillights
• Attractive 5-spoke 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels mounted with P205/55R16 Bridgestone Ecopia tires
• A roomy interior with a pleasingly modern design with blue instrument panel highlights and instrument illumination, a “floating” piano black C-stack and a 60/40 split folding rear seat
• Unique EV-IT designed interface utilizing CARWINGS telematics (no charge for 36 months) connected to a global data center
• Standard Nissan Navigation System, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
• RearView Monitor and HomeLink® Universal Transceiver standard on SL models
• Safety systems include six air bags, 4-wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
The 2012 Nissan LEAF is offered in two well-equipped models, the LEAF SV and LEAF SL. The LEAF SL includes a photovoltaic solar panel spoiler that supports charging of the 12-volt battery for car accessories, fog lights, auto on/off headlights, cargo cover and more. It is scheduled to be available in fall 2012.
2012 NISSAN SPORTS CARS
Nissan’s 2012 sports car lineup once again includes four dynamic, authentic driving machines – the unequalled Nissan GT-R, the stunning 370Z Coupe, the NISMO 370Z and the open-air 370Z Roadster. The Nissan GT-R provides the biggest changes this year, while the iconic Nissan Z? remains essentially unchanged for 2012. Details on each vehicle follow.
2012 Nissan GT-R
For 2012, the Nissan GT-R has a new look, new colors, new wheel design and, most important to fans of pure power, more horsepower under the hood. In addition, a new “Black Edition”– with unique seat trim, interior colors and wheels – joins the GT-R Premium model.
The 2012 Nissan GT-R’s advanced VR38DETT 3.8-liter twin turbo V6 now produces 530 horsepower (versus the previous 485 horsepower) and 448 lb-ft of torque (versus the previous 434 lb-ft) – a result of modifying the boost pressure of the turbocharger, valve timing and air fuel ratio, and through reduced intake air resistance created by enlarging the inlet pipe diameter. In addition, exhaust air resistance was reduced through use of an enlarged diameter exhaust pipe.
GT-R’s already impressive aerodynamic performance has been improved for 2012 with downforce increased by about 10% and the coefficient of drag reduced to 0.26 (from 0.27).
Inside, the revisions for 2012 include new carbon fiber trim and upgraded materials. The Black Edition adds custom red and black Recaro® leather-appointed seats, red and black interior trim and a dark headliner.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan GT-R include:
• Enlarged fascia and grille openings that help reduce air resistance inside the engine compartment; the volume of air that cools the front brakes and passes through the radiator is also increased
• Improved fuel economy estimates of 16 city and 23 highway (versus 15/21 mpg in 2011)
• Built on an exclusive Premium Midship platform, which enables the use of the world’s first independent rear transaxle ATTESA E-TS all-wheel drive system
• Newly designed, lighter weight and more rigid forged aluminum 20-inch wheels, once again manufactured by RAYS®
• The Black Edition features special metallic black six-spoke RAYS® lightweight wheels in place of the Premium model’s 10-spoke design
• A cockpit-style instrument panel with a large center-mounted tachometer and multi-function display – which includes mechanical and driving information, as well as an on-board driving recorder
• Standard specially designed 11-speaker Bose® sound system with speakers mounted in rigid aluminum die cast panels
• Six exterior colors are available, including two new colors: Deep Blue Pearl and Jet Black (which replaces Obsidian Black)
The 2012 Nissan GT-R is offered in two models: GT-R Premium and GT-R Black Edition. It is available now through approximately 650 official “GT-R certified” Nissan dealers across the United States.
2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe/NISMO 370Z
For 2012, the Nissan 370Z Coupe remains one of the most vibrant and dynamic sports cars available in North America. The 370Z Coupe is again available in three models, 370Z Coupe and 370Z Coupe Touring and the NISMO 370Z, which features unique performance and design attributes. There are no major specification or equipment changes for the 2012 model year.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan 370Z Coupe and NISMO 370Z include:
• The 370Z and 370Z Touring are each available with a standard 332-horsepower 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine with Variable Valve Event and Lift Control (VVEL) and choice of 6-speed manual transmission with an available SynchroRev Match® synchronized downshift rev matching system or a 7-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters
• The limited production NISMO 370Z features 350 horsepower and 276 lb-ft of torque, exclusive H-configured exhaust system design, a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission with SynchroRev Match®, and NISMO-tuned suspension
• The NISMO 370Z features unique 5-spoke 19-inch RAYS forged aluminum-alloy wheels mounted with Yokohama ADVAN Sport Y-rated high-performance tires, Nissan Sport Brakes and a Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD)
• The NISMO 370Z also includes functional and fully integrated aerodynamic body pieces, including an extended front nose, fully integrated chin spoiler, side sills, a unique rear and functional rear spoiler
• A dramatic interior utilizing an innovative driver-centric three-layer design which groups items by how a driver sees information, operates the controls and is held in place – so drivers feel completely connected and engaged whenever and wherever they drive
• Available technology features include a Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System with 7-inch VGA touch-sensitive display, USB connectivity and iPod? connection, XM NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information and XM NavWeather™ (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, Nissan Intelligent Key® and a Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
The 2012 370Z Coupe and NISMO 370Z go on sale in fall 2011.
2012 Nissan 370Z Roadster
For 2012, the Nissan 370Z Roadster once again offers an unmatched balance of dynamic performance, sculptured styling, innovative technology and exceptional value – along with the exhilaration of pure open-air motoring. There are no major specification or equipment changes for the 2012 model year. The previous 370Z base model with 6-speed manual transmission is no longer offered.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan 370Z Roadster include:
• Standard 332-horsepower 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine with Variable Valve Event and Lift Control (VVEL)
• Choice of 7-speed automatic transmission or close-ratio 6-speed manual with available SynchroRev Match® (370Z Roadster Touring only)
• Refined 4-wheel independent suspension, 4-wheel vented disc brakes with available Nissan Sport Brakes
• Lightweight yet rigid body structure
• Unique Z? Roadster equipment includes available high back net seats, added structural body reinforcements (compared to the 370Z Coupe) and the stylish convertible top
• The 370Z Roadster’s standard power automatic latching top was designed with an emphasis on providing a sleek silhouette with the top up or down, offering easy single-action open-close operation, and providing an enjoyable top-down experience with reduced wind turbulence and all-climate driver/passenger comfort
• Standard Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition
• Available heating and cooling ventilated net seats, Bluetooth? Hands-free Phone System, satellite radio and advanced Nissan Navigation System
The 2012 370Z Roadster is offered in two models: 370Z Roadster and 370Z Touring Roadster. It goes on sale in fall 2011.
2012 NISSAN CROSSOVERS, SUVS AND MINIVAN
With the recent additions of the new JUKE and Murano CrossCabriolet – and the return of the Quest minivan – Nissan now offers one of the most innovative and diverse lineups of people haulers in the industry. Among the enhancements for the 2012 model year are the addition of a Platinum Edition on the Murano LE, a Special Edition for the Rogue S and an available power liftgate on all Armada trim levels.
Details on the changes and refinements for the 2012 Murano CrossCabriolet, Murano, Rogue, JUKE, Xterra, Pathfinder and Armada follow.
2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet
Introduced in spring 2011, the dramatic new Murano CrossCabriolet represents not just a new car but also a new genre – breaking new ground as the world’s first all-wheel drive crossover convertible. With its extraordinarily engineered fully automatic cloth convertible top that folds to about the size of a 2-seat roadster top, the Murano CrossCabriolet offers ample room for four adults and plenty of cargo space with the top up or down.
For the 2012 model year, the advanced Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System is now available as a standalone package.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet include:
• Stylish exterior with standard High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-functional xenon headlights, front fog lights, LED taillights and heated outside mirrors
• High ground clearance for easy ingress and egress
• Luxurious interior with standard leather-appointed seats, unique wood-tone trim tuned to match each of three available interior colors (Black, Cashmere and Camel), and available premium diagonally quilted, double-stitched pattern leather-appointed seating
• Available Nissan Hard-Drive Navigation System, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Bose® premium audio system, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and RearView Monitor
• Standard 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC V6 producing 265 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque – mated to an Xtronic CVT® with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) for sporty response and smoothness
• Standard Intuitive All-Wheel Drive system
• 20-inch split 5-spoke titanium finish aluminum-alloy wheels with P235/55R20 Toyo Proxes A20 all-season tires
• Standard safety features include the Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual stage supplemental front air bags, front seat side-impact supplemental air bags, door-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags, front seat Active Head Restraints, and Dual Pop-up Roll Bars for rear passengers
The 2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet is available in one model. It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in fall 2011.
2012 Nissan Murano
The Murano, Nissan’s premium crafted crossover, continues in 2012 as one of the most distinctively styled vehicles in its class – both inside and out. In 2011 it received a number of significant enhancements, including a revised exterior design and the addition of a Murano SV model.
For 2012, enhancements include the addition of a new Platinum option package, complete with new 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, available Sapphire Black exterior color and standard navigation system. Murano S models add a new 7-inch monochrome screen.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Murano include:
• Standard VQ-series 3.5-liter DOHC V6 rated at 260 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque
• An advanced Xtronic CVT® that provides a sporty and smooth driving experience
• Available in front-wheel drive or with an Intuitive All-Wheel Drive system
• A long list of available comfort and convenience features, such as dual panel power moonroof, 7-inch color monitor, RearView Monitor, 8-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support and XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
• Standard or available technology includes Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition, Interface System for iPod®, 11-speaker Bose® premium audio system, an advanced touch screen navigation system, and Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System.
The 2012 Nissan Murano is available in eight models: Murano S FWD, Murano S AWD, Murano SV FWD, Murano SV AWD, Murano SL FWD, Murano SL AWD, Murano LE FWD and Murano LE AWD. It is scheduled to go on sale in fall 2011.
2012 Nissan Rogue
Following an upgraded look for the 2011 model year, the Nissan Rogue crossover SUV adds a new Special Edition for 2012, along with revised content for the various option packages.
Rogue is designed to offer excellent value, while satisfying both the functional needs of the buyers and their emotional needs – including the versatility provided by a large 58 cubic feet of cargo space combined with a 60/40 split rear seat and an available fold-down front passenger seat. Utility is enhanced by numerous storage and ultra-functionality features, including an oversized glove compartment and a large center console. Rogue also offers 28 mpg fuel economy, as well as a range of standard safety features including six air bags.
Other enhancements for 2012 include the addition of a new “Sport Mode” switch on all models, new 17-inch (SV) and 16-inch (Special Edition) aluminum-alloy wheels, and one new exterior color: Graphite Blue. Also, the SL Package adds the innovative Around View™ Monitor, making Rogue the first non-luxury vehicle in the United States to offer this unique, innovative feature.
The new Special Edition was designed to offer excellent value. The package includes steering wheel audio controls, RearView Monitor, 4.3-inch audio display, USB connectivity, satellite radio, fog lights and privacy glass.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Rogue include:
• Standard 170-horsepower 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, advanced Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission) and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
• 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
• Six standard air bags
• Available with an Intuitive All-Wheel Drive system
• Available 6-way power driver’s seat, power driver’s seat lumbar support, RearView Monitor, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, and Nissan Intelligent Key®, Nissan Navigation System and Around View Monitor™
The 2012 Rogue is offered in two trims, S and SV along with three option packages – Special Edition Package, Premium Package and SL Package. It is scheduled to go on sale in summer 2011.
2012 Nissan JUKE™
Introduced just last year, the Nissan JUKE offers bold styling, unexpected levels of performance and an available advanced torque vectoring AWD system with performance technology usually reserved for premium vehicles. Built on Nissan’s proven global B-platform, JUKE looks exactly like it drives – fun, bold and exciting. The JUKE interior is equally aggressive with bolstered front seats, a wide instrument panel and a unique center console inspired by a motorcycle fuel tank and finished in a high-gloss paint. There are no significant changes for the 2012 model year.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan JUKE include:
• A standard 1.6-liter Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG™) Turbo, 16-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy inline 4-cylinder engine rated at 188 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque
• Available torque vectoring AWD system that splits torque up to 50:50 between the front and rear wheels and can also can split torque from side-to-side across the rear axle – when cornering, the system helps reduce understeer and enhance the vehicle’s cornering feel
• An innovative Integrated Control (I-CON) system that combines control of the automatic A/C and the three-mode drive selector – Normal for everyday driving, Sport for a more intense performance feel and Eco for maximum efficiency, adjusting throttle, transmission (CVT) and steering feel
• Body-colored outside mirrors and front door handles, “hidden” rear door handles and standard 17-inch wheels and tires
• Fold-down 60/40-split bench seat and flat load floor provide passenger and cargo hauling flexibility
• Available interior features range from leather-appointed seats and RearView Monitor to Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition and Nissan Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® Real-Time Traffic Information (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
• Safety features include six air bags, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
The 2012 Nissan JUKE is offered in eight well-equipped models: JUKE S CVT FWD, JUKE S CVT AWD, JUKE SV CVT FWD, JUKE SV M/T FWD, JUKE SV CVT AWD, JUKE SL CVT FWD, JUKE SL M/T FWD, JUKE SL CVT AWD. It goes on sale in fall 2011.
2012 Nissan Xterra
The adventure-ready Nissan Xterra continues in 2012 to combine power, utility, value and authenticity – inspiring and facilitating outdoor enthusiasts to “attack life” wherever they go. Xterra’s distinct “multi-flex” interior provides an abundance of useable space, storage and convenience features – including an available Easy Clean cargo area, Utili-Track® cargo carrying system, tie-down channel system, 10 cargo hooks and an available built-in first-aid kit. The changes for the 2012 model year include two new exterior colors: Metallic Blue and Brilliant Silver.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Xterra include:
• Standard 4.0-liter DOHC V6 engine rated at 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque
• Rugged “F-Alpha” truck platform (shared with the full-size Nissan Titan pickup and Armada SUV)
• Available with a choice of 6-speed manual (S 4x4 and PRO-4X 4x4 only) or 5-speed automatic transmissions and a choice of part-time 4-wheel drive or 2-wheel drive
• Available with a range of advanced technologies, including Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and an 8-speaker Rockford Fosgate audio system with subwoofer
The 2012 Xterra is available in three well-equipped models – X, S, and PRO-4X. Three packages are offered – Technology Package, X Gear Package and PRO-4X Leather Package. It is scheduled to go on sale in fall 2011.
2012 Nissan Pathfinder
Celebrating more than 25 years in the United States,, the 2012 Nissan Pathfinder remains an authentic, rugged yet civilized SUV ready for everyday use and family adventures. Its first-class style, including a high level of available premium features, combined with a durable, truck-based platform and a choice of two powerful engines, to reward owners with both functionality and rugged durability.
For 2012, enhancements include the addition of a power moonroof and DVD mobile entertainment system on the Silver model, standard navigation system on LE models and one new exterior color: Brilliant Silver (replaces Silver Lightning).
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Pathfinder include:
• Rugged exterior design, with long wheelbase, short front and rear overhangs
• Aggressive front and rear styling, including powerful hood, grille, front and rear bumpers, rear liftgate, C-pillars with Nissan SUV signature high-mounted rear door handles
• Highly functional roof rack with integrated front and rear grips
• 5.6-liter DOHC V8 producing 310 horsepower and 388 lb-ft of torque (LE V8) or 4.0-liter DOHC V6 producing 266 horsepower and 288 lb-ft of torque (S, SV, Silver and LE V6)
• Standard 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
• Available XN All-Mode part-time 4-wheel drive system (S, SV, LE V6), standard All-Mode automatic 4-wheel drive system with 2WD/AUTO/4HI/4LO modes, electronically controlled transfer case (LE V8 model)
• Up to 7,000 pound towing capacity with LE V8 model, up to 6,000 pounds with V6 models (when property equipped)
• Available Bose® audio system with CD6 and 10 speakers, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Nissan Intelligent Key®, heated front seats
• Available leather-appointed interior
The 2012 Nissan Pathfinder is available in 4x4 and 4x2 drive configurations and in five models: S V6, SV V6, Silver V6, LE V6 and LE V8 (4x4 only). It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in fall 2011.
2012 Nissan Armada
The stylish, powerful and roomy Nissan Armada is designed to promote complete adventure experiences – with room for the whole family and their stuff. Combining unbridled power, premium interior comfort and a wide range of available technology, Armada continues to stand out in the full-size SUV segment.
The enhancements for the 2012 model year include the addition of a standard power liftgate on the SV Driver Package and SL model, heated front seats on SL model. 2nd row heated seats on Platinum models, a 2nd row padded center armrest with the Captain’s Chair option (Platinum model). One new exterior color, Brilliant Silver, is also offered.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Armada include:
• Standard 5.6-liter Endurance V8 engine rated at 317 horsepower and 385 lb-ft of torque, along with an advanced 5-speed automatic transmission
• Heavy-duty fully boxed ladder frame and comfortable double-wishbone suspension
• Available All-Mode 4-wheel drive system with Auto/2WD/4H/4LO modes, electronically controlled part-time transfer case, 3.35:1 4LO crawl gear ratio
• Standard 2-wheel or 4-wheel limited-slip (ABLS) and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system
• Standard Dana drive axles
• 9,000-pound maximum towing capacity with higher axle ratio (when properly equipped)
• 28-gallon fuel tank
• Available features include Moonroof, DVD Family Entertainment System, Nissan Intelligent Key®, leather-appointed seating and RearView Monitor
• Available premium Bose® audio system with 11 speakers, power-folding 60/40-split 3rd row seat and auto-leveling rear air suspension
• Available Nissan Navigation system with XM NavTraffic® system with Real-Time Traffic Information (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
The 2012 Nissan Armada is available in SV, SL and Platinum models in 2WD and 4WD drive configurations. It is scheduled to go on sale in summer 2011.
2012 Nissan Quest
The all-new fourth generation Nissan Quest, which went on sale in early 2011, is more than just another new Quest – it’s a new take on the minivan. From its bold styling with full surround glass to its extensive list of family friendly innovations, Quest “gets” parenting better than any other minivan.
With one-touch power sliding doors, quick release fold-flat 2nd and 3rd row seats, Advanced Climate Control System, and an always-available rear storage well, Quest provides the innovation to help make the impossible possible on a daily basis. For 2012, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) is now standard on Quest SV and SL models.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Quest minivan include:
• Sophisticated, modern exterior that provides a fresh take on minivan design
• Standard Nissan Intelligent Key® and optional one-touch power sliding doors, which unlock and open the side door with the simple touch of a button.
• The sliding door step-in height is several inches lower than competitive minivans, which is helpful for small children or older adults getting into the 2nd or 3rd rows
• Quick release fold-flat 2nd and 3rd row seats – the 3rd row folds forward unlike any other minivan, so there is no stowing required
• Available Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with Plasmacluster™ air purifier and Grape Polyphenol Filter – works three ways to help reduce allergens and unwanted odors within the Quest cabin
• Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with a segment-first Easy Fill Tire Alert – lets owners know when the ideal inflation is reached with a beep of the horn, so no tire pressure gauge is needed
• Standard VQ-series 3.5-liter DOHC V6 rated at 260 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque, and an advanced Xtronic CVT® transmission
• 4-wheel independent suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes and vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering
• Estimated fuel economy of 19 mpg City/24 mpg Highway
• Standard Blind Spot Warning (BSW) on Quest LE, which helps alert the driver by illuminating an indicator light in the outside mirror if another vehicle is detected in the blind spot area
The 2012 Nissan Quest is offered in four well-equipped models: S, SV, SL and LE. It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in fall 2011.
2012 NISSAN TRUCKS
For 2012, Nissan again offers two innovative, high-value pickups – the full-size Nissan Titan and mid-size Nissan Frontier. Both are built on Nissan’s rugged F-Alpha truck platform. Details on the enhancements for the new model year follow.
2012 Nissan Titan
The 2012 Nissan Titan is again offered in King Cab and Crew Cab body styles with a choice of 4x4 and 4x2 drive configurations, along with two wheelbases (138.9 inches and 159.5 inches) and three bed lengths. Titan is once again available in four well-equipped models – S, SV, PRO-4X and SL.
Titan continues as a rugged, reliable, spirited choice for active truck buyers seeking style, innovation and excellent value. For 2012, a new Sport Appearance Package is available with King Cab and Crew Cab SV models. It includes 20-inch SL aluminum-alloy wheels, in dark hyper silver finish, dark grille treatment, body colored front and rear bumpers, black step rails, PRO-4X seats with silver contrasting stitching, lockable bedside storage compartment, bodyside sport “Titan” graphic, white-faced gauges, fog lights, Captain’s Chairs and center console and much more. One new color is also offered for 2012: Brilliant Silver.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Titan include:
• Rugged F-Alpha pickup platform, featuring a powerful 5.6-liter DOHC Endurance V8 rated at 317 horsepower and 385 lb-ft torque
• Standard 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission and tow/haul modes for enhanced fuel economy and towing capacity
• 28-gallon fuel tank
• Standard 2-wheel or 4-wheel limited slip (ABLS) on all models
• Dana® front (4x4 only) and rear axles (4x4, 4x2)
• Maximum towing capacity of up to 9,500 pounds for King Cab and 9,400 pounds for Crew Cab (when properly equipped)
• Innovative Wide-Open rear doors that swing open 168 degrees – standard on King Cab
• Available utility bed features include factory-applied spray-on bedliner, Utili-track® Bed Channel System with adjustable aluminum-alloy tie-down cleats and available accessory racks, trays, dividers and modular storage systems
• Unique lockable, climate-resistant bedside storage compartment located immediately behind the driver's side rear wheelwell, with two-position adjustable tray
• Tailgate area illumination and available bed-mounted 12-volt utility powerpoint
• Available PRO-4X trim with special off-road features, including switch-on-demand electronically controlled locking rear differential, unique 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail® 275/70R18 tires, skid plates, Rancho® performance gas shocks and lower final drive ratio (to 3.357)
The 2012 Nissan Titan is available in King Cab and Crew Cab body configurations with choice of 2WD and 4WD in S, SV, PRO-4X and SL models (PRO-4X available in 4x4 only). It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in summer 2011.
2012 Nissan Frontier
The Nissan Frontier, which combines premium hardware, extraordinary power and off-road athleticism, continues to be a leader in the mid-size truck segment.
Frontier continues to offer an exceptional level of on- and off-road performance with the use of a 4.0-liter DOHC V6 engine rated at 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque. A 152-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder engine is also available (King Cab only). With its strong performance, combined with good fuel mileage (17 city, 21 highway, King Cab 2WD), the Frontier is a fitting truck for work or play.
Revisions for 2012 include the addition of a new Sport Appearance Package on King Cab and Crew Cab SV models and 2-Wheel Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) are now standard on 4-cylinder engine equipped models.
The Sport Appearance Package includes 18-inch SL aluminum-alloy wheels in dark hyper silver finish, dark grille treatment, body colored front and rear bumpers, PRO-4X style seats with gray seat bolsters and stitching, fog lights, body side “Frontier” sport graphic, white-faced gauges, Bluetooth® Hands Free Phone System and much more. Three new exterior colors are also offered: Brilliant Silver, Metallic Blue and Lava Red.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Frontier include:
• Available in a choice of King Cab or Crew Cab, with Crew Cab SV and SL offering a Crew Cab Long Bed model, measuring more than 13 inches longer than the Crew Cab’s standard bed
• Aggressive exterior design with chrome, angled strut grille, large bumpers, short front and rear overhangs, large geometric stamped steel fender flares
• Available high-utility bed with factory-applied spray-on bedliner and Utili-track® bed channel system with adjustable aluminum-alloy tie-down cleats (standard on SL and PRO-4X trims) and available accessory racks, trays, dividers and modular storage systems
• Available tube-style, functional roof rack on Crew Cab
• 6,500 pounds maximum towing capacity (when properly equipped)
• Available shift-on-the-fly 4-wheel drive system with 2WD/4H/4LO modes, electronically controlled part-time transfer case
• Available 4-wheel limited slip, electronic locking rear differential, Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist
• PRO-4X model includes off-road tuned Bilstein® high-pressure performance gas shock absorbers, skid plates (oil pan, fuel tank), electronic rear differential locker (4x4 only) and limited-slip (ABLS)
• Roomy, modern interior design with flexible seating and cargo utility
• Available Rockford Fosgate-powered audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD autochanger and MP3 capability and WMA/MP3 player aux-in jack (Crew Cab)
• Available Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
The 2012 Nissan Frontier is offered in both King Cab and Crew Cab body styles and in 4x2 and 4x4 driveline configurations, along with four trim grades: Frontier S, SV, PRO-4X and SL (Crew Cab only). It is scheduled to go on sale in fall 2011.
2012 NISSAN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
The new Nissan NV (Nissan Van) marks Nissan’s entry into the commercial vehicle market in North America. NV is the first commercial van to offer rugged body-on-frame construction combined with a High Roof, offering most users the ability to walk, stand and work in the cargo area. More information on the Nissan Commercial Vehicles group is available at http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/
2012 Nissan NV
Introduced in mid-2011 as a 2012 model, the Nissan NV is available in three innovative versions, NV1500, NV2500 HD and NV3500 HD, and in two roof configurations – Standard Roof and High Roof.
Powering the rear-wheel drive Nissan NV is a choice of two powerful yet fuel-efficient engines – a 4.0-liter V6 and 5.6-liter V8. Both will be mated to a standard 5-speed automatic transmission.
First and foremost a tough workhorse, the Nissan NV provides exceptional utility, thanks to a long, wide cargo floor, square-top wheelwell housings and nearly vertical sidewalls. Along with maximizing cargo space, the sidewalls accommodate aftermarket storage systems without excessive modification. The cargo area also features a full-length inner panel to prevent cargo from denting the vehicle’s outer skin (SV models). There are also multiple integrated reinforced attachment points for mounting customization equipment.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan NV include:
• Body-on-frame construction
• Choice of Standard Roof or High Roof body
• Strong masculine styling with iconic Nissan signature front end design
• Long hood for easy engine compartment access and serviceability
• Large side panels for advertising or business signage
• Large, wide-opening front and rear doors, sliding passenger-side door
• Engine-speed-sensitive hydraulic re-circulating ball steering system
• Heavy-duty 4-wheel disc brakes with 14.30inch front/14.1-inch rear rotors and 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
• 17-inch steel wheels and LT245/70R17 all-season tires
• Heavy-duty fabrics and materials, water repellent fabric on main seating surfaces and built in seat bolster durability patch to resist wear
• Fold-down front passenger seatback with one-hand operation, serves as mobile worktable
• Available lockable center console with business card holder and room for mobile phone chargers, letter size files, laptop computer; laptop computer/mobile phone charger outlet inside center console; console lid slides forward to provide work surface for laptop or paperwork
• Standard upfitter pre-wiring
• Wide-coverage cargo area lighting
• Available power outlets, including available 3-prong 120V outlet in center console and D-pillar locations
• Multiple integrated reinforced attachment points for securing cargo customization equipment
• Available Technology Package offering Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System, Navigation, USB interface and Rear View Monitor
The 2012 Nissan NV is offered in three well-equipped models: NV1500, NV2500 HD, NV3500 HD – in Standard Roof and High Roof body configurations (NV2500 HD, NV3500 HD series). All are assembled by Nissan North America Manufacturing Canton, Mississippi Plant. It is on sale at select authorized Nissan Commercial Vehicles dealers now.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, design, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program 2010 and has been recognized as a 2010 and 2011 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency. More information about Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.Infiniti.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan's second largest Japanese automotive company by volume, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan and is an integral pillar of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 150,000 employees globally, Nissan provided customers with more than 4 million vehicles in 2010. With a strong commitment to developing exciting and innovative products for all, Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of fuel-efficient and low-emissions vehicles under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. A pioneer in zero emission mobility, Nissan made history with the introduction of the Nissan LEAF, the first affordable, mass-market, pure-electric vehicle and winner of numerous international accolades including the prestigious 2011 European Car of the Year award.
For more information on our products, services and commitment to Sustainable Mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
Maxima In The Press
Charting the Changes
2012 Nissan Model Changes
2012 Nissan Maxima
2012 Maxima Model Year Pricing
2011 USNews Best Cars
2012 Nissan Maxima Sedan
2009 Nissan Maxima
NICOclub Official Review
2002 Nissan Maxima
Used Car Review
7th Generation Maxima
Hey Nissan, where's the 6mt?